Generic Acticin cream – Permethrin 30g – indications and side effects. There are many effective drugs that help get rid of insects (fleas, lice, bedbugs) that carry infectious diseases. These include Permethrin, which is a contact drug from the group of synthetic pyrethroids. The drug helps to destroy arthropod parasites in a short period of time. It is available in several forms, has certain indications, recommended dosages, and other features of use.
Instructions for use
To get only a positive result from therapy, you need to pay attention to the instructions for using the drug. It is necessary to take into account the indications/contraindications, interaction with other drugs. Each dosage form of Generic Acticin cream – Permethrin has its own application characteristics and specific dosage. Before starting treatment, it is recommended to consult a doctor.
Indications for use
The drug is used to effectively combat any arthropod parasites. The main indications for the use of Generic Acticin cream (Permethrin) 30g are the following:
- head and pubic hair pediculosis caused by lice;
- scabies is a skin disease caused by a scabies mite;
- demodicosis (damage to the skin by the Demodex folliculorum).
Method of use and dosage
To achieve the maximum positive effect of the drug and to avoid adverse reactions, it is necessary to strictly observe the permitted dosage. For each dosage form, there is a specific dosage system, which depends on the disease and the characteristics of the patient’s body.
For safe therapy, you should carefully read the instructions for use. There are a number of special instructions that you need to pay attention to:
- it is recommended to do the procedure in a well-ventilated area or outside, using rubber or plastic gloves.
- you need to use the product very carefully, so that it does not get on the mucous membranes.
- if any dosage form still appears on the mucosa, it is necessary to wash the affected area with warm water in large quantities.
If other drugs are used simultaneously with the remedy for pediculosis, as a rule, there are no side effects. Drugs do not enter into mutual reactions. If during the therapeutic process there are symptoms that previously did not exist or should not be present, then you should seek help from a doctor. The specialist will conduct the necessary tests and review the treatment plan so that similar problems do not appear in the future.
If a patient has hypersensitivity to the components of the drug, then there is a risk of allergies (edema, rash). When you see these signs you should stop the treatment and consult a doctor. The following side effects may also occur:
- burning sensation;
- redness of the skin caused by vasodilation;
- numbness, skin irritation, erythema.
There are a number of conditions and diseases that cannot be treated. The main contraindications to the use of the drug include:
- age of the child up to 6 months (for cream) and up to 3 years (for other forms of application);
- intolerance to the components of the drug, an allergic reaction to plants containing permethrins, synthetic pyrethroids;
- obstructive bronchitis, bronchial asthma (there is a risk of developing spasms in the bronchi when inhaling the vapors of the product);
- dermatological diseases.
Since remedies for lice, fleas and other arthropods are used externally, an overdose does not seem possible. The only reason that can cause it is if the product gets into the gastrointestinal tract. There were cases when a child, a woman or a man accidentally swallowed a certain amount of the drug while ignoring the rules for its use. To avoid negative consequences, the patient is given gastric lavage and symptomatic treatment.